Its hot.. its way too hot and its just the beginning of March 😦
Hellooo friends! I know I have been away for way too long but life took over a bit. However, I am back with some interesting ways to help you keep cool this hot & sweltering (thank god its not humid here) summer! 😛
Yes the veggie.. easily available, inexpensive and ultra cooling.
- Chop it up and add salt, chat masala & lemon juice to taste and YUM!
- Slice it, chill it in the freezer and cover your face with it. It helps sooth your skin from sunburn and helps with dark circles too!
- Chill the watermelon in the fridge and cut up slices.. Oh.. delicious!
- Dunk it in the blender with mint and a hint of lemon for a tasty cooler.. 3 cooler recipes here! 😉
- Watermelon, feta and mint salad.. easy to make and delicious to eat! 😛 😛
- Use fresh (or packaged) aloe gel on your face & body instead of a heavy moisturizer. Keeping the tub in the refrigerator will give you that extra cooling effect.
- Drink aloevera juice it not only cools you down, but also helps in cleansing your system, maintain a steady weight and increases level of good cholesterol in your body! Wow!
These are some simple tips which everyone knows but sadly fails to implement. Use them and you will have a serene and cool summer…
Also check out…
So I started this series a month ago to share some summer salad recipes I love and make with a twist! Last time I shared Spicy n Tangy Black Channa Chaat and this time I will be sharing something more soothing and refreshing.
Its summer time and I have my family visiting the lovely n cool Bangalore city (not so cool right now). I am always looking for ways to keep everyone occupied and have a few really fun, easy to do and light on the pocket ideas!
Yes, while it is hot outside, parks normally have huge trees which provide adequate shade for you to lay out your blanket and sandwiches. Enjoy the day playing outdoor games with your family! I went to the Lal Baug Botanical gardens yesterday and it was one of the most refreshing things I have done in a long time… You can take some simple sandwiches n salads, Refreshing Summer Salad! play a few outdoor games and try your hand at photography.
PS – These pics are from my trip yesterday! 🙂
There is such a wonderful variety of vegetables and fruits available in summer! To take advantage of nature’s bounty, in Star’s Summer Salad Series, I will share fresh summer salad recipes that are a healthy & a easy replacement to heavy meals.
I have some ideas where you don’t have to do much work or compromise on taste and most of these ingredients are handy in your kitchen. Have a go at them and let me know your thoughts and share your favorite recipes in the comments!
Black Chickpeas Chaat
The salad that I am sharing with you as my first recipe, makes me so nostalgic, as a child i used to buy this tasty snack from a vendor who used to stand outside the playground and serve it in newspaper boats. I always asked for extra chaat masala and nimbu, loved the spicy-tangy flavor which makes my mouth water even as I think of it. I hope you enjoy it as much I love it! Continue reading
It hot outside… and I am speaking of namma Bengaluru where the skies are always overcast and cool! I have a bunch of coolers made and kept in the fridge for any time that my system might overheat. Hope these help you too!
Tangy Ginger-mint cooler
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Ginger
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Jaljeera powder
- Handful of crushed Mint
- Black salt – to taste
- Sugar to taste
Mix the ginger, mint, jaljeera powder, black salt & sugar with soda. Enjoy the cooling drink, jaljeera adds a tang to the spicy heat of ginger! Yum….