Its hot.. its way too hot and its just the beginning of March 😦
Hellooo friends! I know I have been away for way too long but life took over a bit. However, I am back with some interesting ways to help you keep cool this hot & sweltering (thank god its not humid here) summer! 😛
Yes the veggie.. easily available, inexpensive and ultra cooling.
- Chop it up and add salt, chat masala & lemon juice to taste and YUM!
- Slice it, chill it in the freezer and cover your face with it. It helps sooth your skin from sunburn and helps with dark circles too!
- Chill the watermelon in the fridge and cut up slices.. Oh.. delicious!
- Dunk it in the blender with mint and a hint of lemon for a tasty cooler.. 3 cooler recipes here! 😉
- Watermelon, feta and mint salad.. easy to make and delicious to eat! 😛 😛
- Use fresh (or packaged) aloe gel on your face & body instead of a heavy moisturizer. Keeping the tub in the refrigerator will give you that extra cooling effect.
- Drink aloevera juice it not only cools you down, but also helps in cleansing your system, maintain a steady weight and increases level of good cholesterol in your body! Wow!
These are some simple tips which everyone knows but sadly fails to implement. Use them and you will have a serene and cool summer…
Also check out…
Its summer time and I have my family visiting the lovely n cool Bangalore city (not so cool right now). I am always looking for ways to keep everyone occupied and have a few really fun, easy to do and light on the pocket ideas!
Yes, while it is hot outside, parks normally have huge trees which provide adequate shade for you to lay out your blanket and sandwiches. Enjoy the day playing outdoor games with your family! I went to the Lal Baug Botanical gardens yesterday and it was one of the most refreshing things I have done in a long time… You can take some simple sandwiches n salads, Refreshing Summer Salad! play a few outdoor games and try your hand at photography.
PS – These pics are from my trip yesterday! 🙂
Getting up in the morning to go to work is already difficult and selecting an outfit a task by itself! While we see great combinations created in magazines I have found they are sometimes over the top and do not reflect the actual lifestyle of people! I have a few must-have outfit separates that help me mix n match quickly and create different looks everyday!
Scarves can used in many ways to oomph up working women look to a chic professional look. With the additional benefit of acting as a barrier to protect us from the sun to making you look slimmer n taller if used correctly, a scarf has many benefits.
Subscribe in a reader
Ever had to deal with a difficult work situation? I know, I have. In professional life competition is tough and it is survival of the smartest. I work in the IT industry where the pressure is high and impeccable quality is in low supply hence time and again I have seen difficult situations aka escalations (IT lingo) and have wished if there were a few ways in which I could handle the crisis better, so I put together a list.
Here are 5 ways to deal with situations which seem out of control –
- Keep Calm! I could quote many an instance where a situation could be saved if one of the parties had kept his cool and thought over the next steps instead of hyper-ventilating. Taking deep breaths is a sure shot mechanism of calming those nerves. I have my own crazy way..I listen to the sound of rain on my music player. Find your own calming mechanism.
- Continue reading
I have been thinking of penning my thoughts on paper for a long time. Many times when I have felt that this one momentary observation of the life around me is going to change life forever… it never does because I either forget the thought or never action on it. Mostly forget the thought. Pretty embarrassing for an earth shattering thought moment. Imagine if Eisenstein forgot what he said “Eureka” for on the way home!
So this is a compilation of earth shattering to not even a wisp of air kind of thoughts, ideas, life events, hopes, aspirations and so on…