The Indian summer is here, even the beautiful cool Bangalore is hot and dry. Here are my top 5 quick tips to keep it cool since I have spent most of my life in the tropical (hot and humid) beach city of Goa!
- The unavoidable – Drink lots of water or fresh fruit juice! Avoid avoid avoid hot beverages, colas, drinks with preservatives etc. I love watermelon juice and lemon soda from the local vendor…Yum
- Sunscreen baby – Slather on a good quality sunscreen, for Indian summer SPF 25 and above should do. Repeat coverage every 3-4 hours. My personal favorite is Lotus Herbal 3 in 1 SPF 50…
- Monitor the sun – Weird? Hell no, don’t leave the house between 12 noon to 4p.m. if you can manage it. The sun is harshest at this time!
- Cottons & Linens – Light & breathable fabrics keep your mind and body cool. Besides there are so many beautiful options to choose from. If you live in a city where there is not much variety in clothing options; buy online! Easy…
- Lose those long tresses – Did you know that hair grows back?? Yes? Ok! Get a cute pixie cut or layers if you want to keep your length but want to lose the extra weight. Also layers make you look younger and chic(er)! Yippee! I am gonna get myself some layers and a fringe… 🙂
PS – The images are from Google and I claim no copy right over anything other than the text.. 🙂
Of all the things that cannot be controlled in life, one thing that can be catered just right is a steaming plate of pasta… One of my passions in life, if life allows, is to feed all the people who have not had a chance to taste this heavenly yet humble dish.
These past days my love for cooking this dish has reinvigorated and in one weekend I have ended up making 3 sauce variants! A beautiful Bechamel (white sauce) and 2 variants of the Arrabiata (red/tomato sauce). I think the biggest facilitator in this was the fresh, pre-cut veggies now available online in Bangalore and other metros. It completely motivated my lazy ass to created a home cooked variety of these simple to make dishes.
If you want to know the recipes do let me know and I will post them for you..
I have been thinking of penning my thoughts on paper for a long time. Many times when I have felt that this one momentary observation of the life around me is going to change life forever… it never does because I either forget the thought or never action on it. Mostly forget the thought. Pretty embarrassing for an earth shattering thought moment. Imagine if Eisenstein forgot what he said “Eureka” for on the way home!
So this is a compilation of earth shattering to not even a wisp of air kind of thoughts, ideas, life events, hopes, aspirations and so on…