So I started this series a month ago to share some summer salad recipes I love and make with a twist! Last time I shared Spicy n Tangy Black Channa Chaat and this time I will be sharing something more soothing and refreshing.
Its summer time and I have my family visiting the lovely n cool Bangalore city (not so cool right now). I am always looking for ways to keep everyone occupied and have a few really fun, easy to do and light on the pocket ideas!
Have a Picnic! 🙂
Yes, while it is hot outside, parks normally have huge trees which provide adequate shade for you to lay out your blanket and sandwiches. Enjoy the day playing outdoor games with your family! I went to the Lal Baug Botanical gardens yesterday and it was one of the most refreshing things I have done in a long time… You can take some simple sandwiches n salads, Refreshing Summer Salad! play a few outdoor games and try your hand at photography.
PS – These pics are from my trip yesterday! 🙂
The Indian summer is here, even the beautiful cool Bangalore is hot and dry. Here are my top 5 quick tips to keep it cool since I have spent most of my life in the tropical (hot and humid) beach city of Goa!
- The unavoidable – Drink lots of water or fresh fruit juice! Avoid avoid avoid hot beverages, colas, drinks with preservatives etc. I love watermelon juice and lemon soda from the local vendor…Yum
- Sunscreen baby – Slather on a good quality sunscreen, for Indian summer SPF 25 and above should do. Repeat coverage every 3-4 hours. My personal favorite is Lotus Herbal 3 in 1 SPF 50…
- Monitor the sun – Weird? Hell no, don’t leave the house between 12 noon to 4p.m. if you can manage it. The sun is harshest at this time!
- Cottons & Linens – Light & breathable fabrics keep your mind and body cool. Besides there are so many beautiful options to choose from. If you live in a city where there is not much variety in clothing options; buy online! Easy…
- Lose those long tresses – Did you know that hair grows back?? Yes? Ok! Get a cute pixie cut or layers if you want to keep your length but want to lose the extra weight. Also layers make you look younger and chic(er)! Yippee! I am gonna get myself some layers and a fringe… 🙂
PS – The images are from Google and I claim no copy right over anything other than the text.. 🙂
I have been thinking of penning my thoughts on paper for a long time. Many times when I have felt that this one momentary observation of the life around me is going to change life forever… it never does because I either forget the thought or never action on it. Mostly forget the thought. Pretty embarrassing for an earth shattering thought moment. Imagine if Eisenstein forgot what he said “Eureka” for on the way home!
So this is a compilation of earth shattering to not even a wisp of air kind of thoughts, ideas, life events, hopes, aspirations and so on…