Getting up in the morning to go to work is already difficult and selecting an outfit a task by itself! While we see great combinations created in magazines I have found they are sometimes over the top and do not reflect the actual lifestyle of people! I have a few must-have outfit separates that help me mix n match quickly and create different looks everyday!
Scarves can used in many ways to oomph up working women look to a chic professional look. With the additional benefit of acting as a barrier to protect us from the sun to making you look slimmer n taller if used correctly, a scarf has many benefits.
The Indian summer is here, even the beautiful cool Bangalore is hot and dry. Here are my top 5 quick tips to keep it cool since I have spent most of my life in the tropical (hot and humid) beach city of Goa!
- The unavoidable – Drink lots of water or fresh fruit juice! Avoid avoid avoid hot beverages, colas, drinks with preservatives etc. I love watermelon juice and lemon soda from the local vendor…Yum
- Sunscreen baby – Slather on a good quality sunscreen, for Indian summer SPF 25 and above should do. Repeat coverage every 3-4 hours. My personal favorite is Lotus Herbal 3 in 1 SPF 50…
- Monitor the sun – Weird? Hell no, don’t leave the house between 12 noon to 4p.m. if you can manage it. The sun is harshest at this time!
- Cottons & Linens – Light & breathable fabrics keep your mind and body cool. Besides there are so many beautiful options to choose from. If you live in a city where there is not much variety in clothing options; buy online! Easy…
- Lose those long tresses – Did you know that hair grows back?? Yes? Ok! Get a cute pixie cut or layers if you want to keep your length but want to lose the extra weight. Also layers make you look younger and chic(er)! Yippee! I am gonna get myself some layers and a fringe… 🙂
PS – The images are from Google and I claim no copy right over anything other than the text.. 🙂